Kattam now offers his show over Zoom. The show is Live, with interaction with the participants (singing, percussions, dancing).
The advantages of the Virtual Show compared to the show in your gymnasium :
- Students can dance in their classrooms with freedom of movement and space, at any given time in the show !
- They can play rhythms on their desks !
- The students have the impression of being live on television, as we showcase them full screen, for the whole school to see their talent ! The students go nuts everytime !
- Presenting the show to the whole school at the same time reinforces the unity of the students and creates a beautiful common memory.
- Kattam interacts a lot with them, students also have the opportunity to ask questions at the end. The positive and dedicated energy of the teachers during the show demonstrates the well functionning of the show. Technical support is offered before and during the show to garantee it's success !
Duration of the show : 1 hour
Technical Support on Zoom before the show : 15 minutes
Join percussionist Kattam Laraki-Côté on a West African adventure! Discover the culture of WestAfrica through drumming, singing, and dancing. Experience the language and rhythms of the Krin, Djembe, Gongoma, Kashaka, N’goni and Doum doums and learn how these instruments shaped and express regional culture. Explorethe relationship between drums and dance in West African music. Are your students ready for the challenges Kattam will share?
TRAILER Lenght 1:13
INTRODUCTION Lenght: 2:03
Kattam introduces himself and his trips around the world.
VIDEO 1–CALL AND RESPONSE CHALLENGE Length:13:51
Explore the geography of West Africa and be introduced to two instruments: the Krin and the Djembe.
VIDEO 2–SPLITTING CHALLENGE Length:12:34
Discover the flags of West Africa, learn a song and sing with the Gongoma.
VIDEO 3–DANCING CHALLENGE Length:14:09
Meet three instruments: the Kashaka, N’goni and Doum doums. Witness dancing in its West African context and then learn a dance choreography.
VIDEO 4–ULTIMATE CHALLENGE Length:7:38
Learn the signal of the djembe and explore the relationship between traditional drumming and dance of West Africa.
VIDEO 5–BLOOPERS Length:2:01
Total Lenght: 53:39
Pre-recorded Show in a theater where Kattam performs by speaking directly to his audience in the lense of the camera. Beautiful animations are added to embellish the exploratory cultural and musical journey. Can be presented as being Live in your screens.
Lenght : 51:45